Every year ESU (Regional Agency for the Right to Education) offers to international exchange students a variable amount of places at the residence halls. Usually, the number of applicants is higher than the available places. For this reason, not all applications can be satisfied and only those submitted before the deadline (June 30th for the first semester and November 15th for the second) will be taken into consideration.
Allocation is done considering the following points:
- Accommodation Forms have to be filled in all parts, only complete ones are considered.
- Complete Accommodation Forms are classified according to the reception date.
- Around July 10th for the first semester and November 20th for the second semester, the admitted students will receive communication indicating the offered hall of residence, the type of room and the available period of the accommodation (it might not be the same as the requested period).
In the email, you will also find instructions to accept or refuse the accommodation offer and the link to pay the guarantee deposit. Courses at the Padova University are structured in two, three or six months periods (semesters), in accordance with the different departments. Accommodation at ESU halls of residence is assigned according to the following periods*:
- from September 20th 2019 to December 20th 2019
- from September 20th 2019 to January 30th 2020
- from September 20th 2019 to February 27th 2020
- from September 20th 2019 to March 30th 2020
- from September 20th 2019 to July 23rd 2020
- from February 29th 2019 to July 24rd 2020
(*) Periods can change according to the publication of the Academic Year
Prices for International Exchange Students
People staying for periods different from the one mentioned above can apply for a place in the guest lodges. It is NOT possible to choose in which hall of residence you would like to stay, even if it is possible to express your personal preference; the type of room (single or double) will be communicated at the moment of the allocation. The keys of the room are delivered by the lodge caretaker.
Booking confirmation of the assigned place is done y paying the 350 euro deposit within the date indicated i the accommodation offer. Payment is done online entering the "Sportello Studente" with your credentials.
How to pay online
ATTENTION: In case of cancellation of your stay in Padua after having paid the deposit, the deposit itself will be reimbursed only in serious and attested cases (illness, accidents, etc.) and with written notification at least 15 days before the scheduled arrival. Any cost of bank transfer will be on student's charge. Otherwise, the deposit will be held by ESU as compensation. If cancellation occurs after arrival in Padua, it has to be communicated by written notification at least 30 days before and one month rent will be requested, in addition to the loss of the deposit. Only for contracts ending at the end of July, it is possible to reduce them to the end* of February, requesting it not later than November 15th by e-mail to email@example.com.
*date changes according to the Academic Calendar
The deposit will be returned to the student at the end of the stay, only after the House Manager inspection. Every student staying in one of ESU Residences will have to complete his/her bank details in the “Sportello Studente” area. The deposit will be returned by bank transfer within 60 days from the end of the accommodation period.